No, Roaming Passes are not available for use in Malaysia.
Yes, but separate charges for both packages will apply. The standard Internet Roaming charges shall apply if your 'Data Roaming' has already been enabled prior to your Roaming Pass purchase. Should you purchase to any Roaming Pass on the same day, you will be charged for both the Digi Unlimited Internet Roaming + Roaming Pass. For example, if you were already roaming on Telstra in Australia with Digi Unlimited Daily Internet Roaming and subsequently purchase Roam-1Day-RM5, you will be charged RM36+RM5= RM41 for the same day. We advise that you enable your 'Data Roaming' or 'Cellular Data/Mobile Data' function only after you have purchase a Roaming Pass to avoid multiple charges.
A Roaming Pass is a roaming service package for subscribers to enjoy Internet and voice services while roaming or travelling abroad.
(Note: Broadband subscribers would not be able to use the voice services from a Roaming Pass.)
The Roaming Pass quota will accumulate with each purchase. The validity period will then apply in accordance with the latest Roaming Pass purchase. For example, if you purchase a Roam-1Day-RM10-NZL pass in New Zealand at 6.00pm, and you then purchase another Roam-1Day-RM10-NZL pass at 11.00pm on the same day before the first pass expires, you will incur a total charge of RM20 (for two passes), and your pass expiry will be on 10.59pm of the following day in New Zealand.
Yes, we offer a 12-hour in-flight Internet Roaming Pass. Please note that this roaming pass is only valid with the network, AeroMobile (on selected aircrafts). You may purchase the roaming pass by dialing *800*3# when you are onboard the aircraft. Wait till you have received an SMS indicating your successful purchase before switching on Data Roaming in your Phone Settings to start surfing on the internet.
(from time of
|24 hours||A Social Pass which enables subscribers to enjoy 50MB of internet access and Unlimited Social Messaging (text messaging only) on any chat-based apps (e.g. WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook Messenger, etc.) for 24 hours. Video chats are excluded from this offer|
|Roam-1Day-RM15||24 hours||1 days Roam Pass for 24 hours comprising:-|
|Roam-3Day-RM25||72 hours||3 days Roam Pass for 72 hours comprising:-|
*60 second charging block
Please take note that below usages are not cover for Roaming Voice minute:
- Roaming voice calls outside the participating network operator.
- Roaming voice calls to any other International destinations numbers besides Malaysia and Visiting participating country number.
- Roaming voice calls to premium or satellite numbers.
- Voicemail calls / retrieval when roaming.
- Sending and Receiving SMS when roaming.
- Sending and Receiving MMS when roaming.
- Dial *800# (select 1 for “Check Internet Quota”; select 2 for “Check Voice Minutes”)
- MyDigi App (go to “View Details”- select “Internet” to check Internet Quota balance; select “Voice” to check voice minute balance)
The roaming pass is valid only with AeroMobile network. Visit Aeromobile website to discover their list of airline partners and which type of aircraft they support. Please note that AeroMobile service is subject to airline scheduling and cannot be guaranteed. Please check the onboard announcement for connectivity option on your flight.
- Your Digi Postpaid/Prepaid line has at least a basic mobile internet /data plan;
- Your International Roaming service has been activated
(For Prepaid, International Roaming service is auto activated)
- You must has sufficient credit limit/ balance and your account status is in ‘Active’ mode
If your Roam Pass Voice minutes and Internet quota are exhausted within the validity period, any subsequent roaming usages will be charged at standard roaming rates. Alternatively, you may purchase any additional Roaming Pass to continue enjoying Roaming voice calls and Internet roaming.
For Roam-1Day-RM5/RM10, you can still enjoy Unlimited Social Messaging [on any chat based application] even though you have used up the 50MB full speed Internet roaming quota. Should you wish to continue enjoying full speed internet/data roaming on other mediums, you may purchase another Roaming Pass for more quotas
There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Self-subscribe via your phone by dialing *800# (while abroad)
- Self-subscribe via MyDigi App
Pre-Book & Activate later (up to 7 days in advance):
- Self-subscribe via MyDigi App
Please note the below steps (if you subscribe Roaming Pass when abroad):
- Prior to departure, ensure that Data Roaming or Cellular Data/Mobile Data is turned off on your mobile phone
- Upon arrival at the destination, subscribe to the Roaming Pass. You will receive a SMS confirming successful Roaming Pass purchased. We suggest you manually select the specific/applicable network operator. Then, you may turn on Data Roaming or Cellular Data/Mobile Data on your mobile phone.
There is no subscription limit and you may purchase additional Roaming Pass at any point of time. Kindly note however that the validity period for each Roaming Pass will commence from point of activation.
If you choose to Activate Now (via MyDigi App) or buy via *800# when abroad, the Roaming Pass activation is almost immediate once you have received an SMS notification for the successful Roaming Pass purchase.
If you choose to Activate Later (via MyDigi App), the Roaming Pass activation will occur between 12.00 am - 2.00 am (Malaysia time) according to the date specified when you placed the booking (provided you have received the SMS notification for the successful Roaming Pass purchase).
Once you have place booking/purchase for Roaming Pass, it cannot be cancelled/refund.
Roaming Pass purchased can be only use in the selected participating countries and network. For example, Roam-1Day-RM5-AUS can be used only when you are roaming in Australia.
Once you have subscribed to a Roaming Pass, you will have to wait for your Roaming Pass subscription to expire before the Daily Unlimited Internet Roaming service can take effect.
No, all unutilized Roaming Voice minutes or Internet Roaming quota from Roaming Pass cannot be carried forward nor transferred. Your unused Roaming Voice minutes or Internet Roaming quota will automatically expire and be forfeited at the end of the Roaming Pass validity period.
No, the Roaming Pass will expire automatically when the validity period ends. To avoid being charged with additional roaming rates or fees, you are advised to disable or turn off the 'Data Roaming' or 'Cellular Data/Mobile Data' function on your phone before the validity period expires. You will otherwise then subject to standard international roaming charges.